Syndicates have become the most popular way for people to get involved as racehorse owners, because you can enjoy the full ownership experience, but at a fraction of the cost. One of the big attractions is the social side of things, meeting new people, and enjoying days out as part of a select group with privileged access to racecourse facilities, while sharing the costs of owning a horse.
To make ownership as accessible as possible, we normally offer the chance to either BUY or LEASE your racehorse share.
If you BUY your share, you pay a lump sum in order to own it outright, then pay a monthly fee to cover training and racing costs until the horse is sold, and receive your share of prize money won.
However, if you take a FREE LEASE, there are no upfront purchase costs – you just pay a monthly fee to cover training and racing costs for a fixed period, normally 12 months, and still receive prize money and full owner privileges for the term of the lease.
Whatever option you choose, you will receive owners badges to go racing, have admission to the parade ring and winners enclosure, and receive your share of any prize money won.
All prize money is paid in full to owners, after the usual deductions made by Weatherbys. Unlike some other syndicates, we charge no management fees.
Those who buy their share will also receive a share of the sale proceeds when the horse goes to auction at the end of the syndicate term. Please bear in mind that although we have resold horses at a significant profit in the past, buying a share in a racehorse should not be regarded as an investment, as no future value can be guaranteed.
Either way, it’s a great opportunity to experience real racehorse ownership, for a fraction of the cost of owning a horse by yourself. You wont be lost in the crowd as part of a racing club, because our syndicates let you become much more involved.
- Small Syndicates, maximum twelve owners
- All-Inclusive Monthly Fees with no surprises!
- Free racecourse entry when your horse runs.
- Use of exclusive Owner facilities at racecourses
- Racecourse Hospitality when it is offered (varies by racecourse)
- Entry to the parade ring and to the winners enclosure
- Taking part in the trophy presentation after a win
- Stable visits (subject to the trainer’s racing commitments)
- Your percentage share of all owners prize money
- Your percentage share of sale proceeds (not applicable for leases)
Your ‘all inclusive’ monthly fee is fixed for the syndicate term and covers absolutely everything – there will be no surprise bills. This monthly payment covers ALL the normal costs associated with your horse such as:
- Training fees
- Jockeys fees
- Veterinary & Blacksmith fees
- British Horseracing Authority fees
- Standard race entry fees *
- Domestic transport to races *
* Excludes Premium Races, and races outside of the UK
We provide owners with regular updates on training progress and aim to establish a good personal and professional relationship with everyone involved. Owners are free to contact us at any time (within reason) if they have any questions and we will meet periodically at the stable to discuss future plans.